NUMBER NINE EIGHT - SPECIAL COMM SYSTEMS EDITION!
E-mail this page
Here they are folks...enjoy.
10) “With B-2 guys, it’s like trying to push a big rock up a hill.”
9) “If you’re a tanker and you want to be a SMCC, just dump your gas and hook up an antenna.”
8) “On our submarines, we just stick in our 5 1⁄4” in and pull it right back out.”
7) “I’m confident in this system until it breaks.”
6) “What does the building icon stand for on your briefing chart?”
“It represents an Air Force Base, so I think that building is the base gym.”
5) “We’ll avoid classification issues and just refer to this exercise as “Horsey Helmet.”
4) “I can’t do anything about the format, but I can do something about dumbness.”
3) “Is there any benefit to getting a system that works?” – MILSTAR Contractor
2) “You can’t give them credit for doing it right. They may have pressed the button correctly, but what they transmitted was crap.”
Now, the #1 quote overheard in the ICBM program...
1) “I’m not going to be the guy that tells the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff that his comm systems work fine from 8am – 4pm...I have to be the guy to tell him they work all the time. If you hate that, fine. If you hate me, fine. You join a long list of people.”